Further training for career changers and interested educators
Within the framework of a Summer School, 80 hours of further training are organised annually in a fortnight in summer.
- Selected legal principles of child day care in the country of residence (here Berlin, Germany): Conventions on children’s rights, SGB VIII, KitaFöG, VOKitaFöG, QVTAG and RV Tag, in particular child protection, Berlin-standardised registration form, duty of supervision and liability issues.
- Developmental psychology: social-emotional, sensory, cognitive, linguistic-communicative, motor development in early childhood, taking into account the inclusion of children from highly mobile families.
- Educational mission of BCS kindergarten (learning through play): Berlin Education Programme, Reggio approach, Early Years Foundation Stage, Montessori education, Waldorf education, mindfulness education under the aspects of transdisciplinary learning and provocation of learning.
- Observation and digital as well as analogue documentation of milestones, identification of deltas in development and promotion of special talents
English and German language acquisition: language as a cultural form of expression and identity, other forms of communication, language development, language conspicuities, language education integrated into everyday life, the importance of and dealing with multilingualism, language observation and documentation – working with the language learning diary
- Working with highly mobile parents: legal foundations, methods of working with parents, settling in, communication models, developmental discussions, diversity of family lifestyles, transition to primary school in Berlin and other countries
- Holistic forms of stimulation, support and promotion of children’s educational processes: Activities in different areas of education (special focus on musical, motor, natural science promotion), education in everyday situations and in projects and excursions, importance of play for children’s developmental and educational processes, as well as teaching methods
- Design of framework conditions for early childhood education: daily routine, morning circle, meal and sleep situation, material equipment, room concepts
Working with children under three, participation in the crèche, heuristic play, treasure baskets.
Cosmo Academy Service Club
To this end, the Cosmo Academy has the following focal points as a non-profit organisation:
- Cosmo Academy Service Club (non-profit)
- Dissemination of the culturally sensitive approach to strengthen highly mobile families in an international environment
- Training ambassadors of culturally sensitive education and upbringing in childhood
- Culturally sensitive counselling and support for families in highly mobile environments
What is “culturally sensitive & diverse” pedagogy?
Children construct their cultural identity, individuality and group membership in relation to their family. Awareness of other cultures also develops in children because of their understanding of their own family culture. Learning about the cultural characteristics of one’s own ethnic identity takes time and learning about other family cultures takes even longer. Young children are at the beginning of this journey. Beginning with the recognition of the children’s own family cultures and broadening their experience of diversity by learning about other families allows an educator to design enough material for a diversity-sensitive curriculum.
Young children are often unsure of what makes a person an ethnic group. They may need help to understand why they belong to their specific ethnic group.
For young children, culture is not something abstract. It is lived and learned every day through the way family members relate to each other, through language, family stories, family values, and household practices and activities of family members. Holidays are only one aspect of a culture, although they are often the most obvious to outsiders.
Become supporters of the dissemination of the diversity-sensitive approach
The Cosmo Academy has ordinary and supporting members. Membership is granted on the basis of a written application for admission. There is no entitlement to membership.
The management of EBS Europäische Bildungsstiftung gGmbH shall make the final decision on the application for membership at its own discretion. The decision of the Board of Directors shall be communicated to the applicant in writing. In case of rejection of an application for membership, the reasons shall not be communicated.
Natural persons who have reached the age of 21 and wish to support the objectives of the Cosmo Academy may become full members. Supporting members can be natural persons and legal entities who wish to support the interests of the association without becoming ordinary members.
With the Cosmo Academy Newsletter you are always up to date. Receive information about the Cosmo Academy and invitations to lectures and workshops. Order the newsletter at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe from this service in any newsletter.
Please contact us directly if you would like to book a team training or a lecture at.