About Cosmo Academy
In an increasingly coalescing world, where global thinking, action and learning, peaceful coexistence and acceptance of different cultures has become an elementary good for the respectful self-realization of a generation, the Cosmo Academy in non-profit sponsorship of the EBS Europäische Bildungsstiftung (European Education Foundation) gGmbH (non-profit ) provides food for thought and advice to families while preparing diversity-sensitive educators for the education of children on an international mission.
For this we cooperate with the BCS Kindergarten & Preschool as a bilingual kindergarten in non-profit sponsorship.
The Berlin Cosmopolitan Cosmo Academy was founded by the EBS Europäische Bildungsstiftung gGmbH in order to give international families comprehensive advice in modern education and to accompany family and professional development in an appreciative and family-centered way.
The Cosmo Academy Service Club is a formally organized group of people who, based on shared values, cultivate friendly relationships within the club while working together for the good of others; this mission relates to social, cultural and educational purposes. The BCS Service Club is cross-national and underlines the value and importance of international friendship.
This club supports ideologically and through financial monthly donations of the members in the education of culture-sensitive childhood educators and supports highly mobile families.
Mission & Vision
Our Mission: The Cosmo Academy is an ideological and financial supporter of
- education for lifelong learning for innovative educators with a fundamental interest in cultural diversity in a changing community of values.
- for places of support and exchange for highly mobile families seeking a respectful and empathetic education of their children.
Our Vision: We want to cultivate lifelong learning for a more respectful, enlightened and compassionate world.
The Cosmo Academy wants to empower highly mobile parents and caregivers to practice respectful and emphatic education for their children, thus cultivating a compassionate and enlightened world.
Please register here, if you would like to receive our newsletter with invitations to workshops and lectures.
Training Programme diversity- sensitive Educators
The Cosmo Academy aims to teach educators the diversity-sensitive pedagogy in theory and practice.
The EBS gGmbH works with the Senate of Berlin that these diversity sensitive trained educators receive a recognized additional qualification. These diversity sensitive educators are trained to develop participative and appreciative individualized concepts that empower the individual and the community to treat each other respectfully and openly in community with highly mobile families and highly cultural diversity. The Cosmo Academy believes that when culture-sensitive educators bring this valuable step to children at the age of value development and early imprinting, society can evolve into a situation of cultural diversity in a paradigm shift from the urgent need to protect democracy and cosmopolitanism.
Further education for career changers and interested educators
As part of a summer school, 80 hours of further education are organized every year in two weeks in the summer.
- Selected legal bases for child day care in the country of residence (here Berlin, Germany): Conventions for children’s rights, SGB VIII, KitaFöG, VOKitaFöG, QVTAG and RV Tag, in particular child protection, Berlin-wide registration form, duty of supervision and liability issues
- Developmental psychology: social-emotional, sensory, cognitive, linguistic-communicative, motor development in early childhood, taking into account the inclusion of children of highly mobile families
- Educational concept of BCS Kindergartens (playful learning): Berlin Education Programme (Bridging Diversity), Reggio Approach, Early Years Foundation Stage, Montessori Pedagogy, Waldorf Education, Mindfulness Education in the Aspects of Transdisciplinary Learning and Provocation of Learning
- Observation: digital and analog documentation of milestones, identification of deltas in development and promotion of special talents
- English and German language acquisition: language as a cultural form of expression and identity, other forms of communication, language development, language problems, everyday integrated linguistic education, the importance of and dealing with multilingualism, language observation and documentation – working with the language learning diary (Sprachlerntagebuch)
- Educational partnership with highly mobile parents: legal foundations, methods of working with parents, familiarization, communication models, development discussions, variety of familial life forms, transition to elementary school in Berlin and other countries
- Holistic forms of stimulation, support and promotion of child-related educational processes: activities in various educational areas (special focus is on musical, motor, science funding), education in everyday situations and in projects and excursions, significance of the play for child development and education processes as well as methodology
- Designing framework conditions for early childhood education: daily routine, morning circle, eating and sleeping situation, material equipment, room concepts
Working with children under three years: participation in the crib, heuristic play, treasure baskets
Cosmo Academy Service Club (non-profit)
The Cosmo Academy has the following priorities in non-profit sponsorship:
- Dissemination of the diversity-sensitive approach to empower highly mobile families in an international environment
- Education Ambassador of culturally sensitive education and education in childhood
- Culture-sensitive advice and support for families in a highly mobile environment
What is “cultural sensitive & diverse” pedagogy?
Children construct their cultural identity, their individuality and their group affiliation in relation to their family. Awareness of other cultures also develops in children based on their understanding of their own family culture. Getting to know the cultural characteristics of one’s own ethnic identity takes time and getting to know other family cultures takes even longer. Young children are at the beginning of this journey. Starting with recognizing the family cultures of the children themselves and then expanding their experiences with diversity by getting to know other families, allows a teacher to have enough material for a diversity-sensitive curriculum.
Young children are often unsure of what makes a person a member of an ethnic group. They may need help understanding why they belong to their specific ethnic group.
For young children, culture is nothing abstract. Culture is lived and learned on a daily basis through the ways in which family members relate to each other, through language, family histories, family values, as well as household practices and family members’ activities. Holidays are just one aspect of a culture, though they are often the most obvious to outsiders.
Supporting the dissemination of the diversity-sensitive approach
The Cosmo Academy has regular and supporting members. Membership is based on a written application for admission. There is no entitlement to membership.
The management of the EBS Europäische Bildungsstiftung gGmbH finally decides on the application for admission after due consideration. The decision of the board will be communicated to the applicant in writing. If a membership application is rejected, the reasons are generally not communicated.
Regular members can become natural persons who have reached the age of 21 and want to support the goals of the Cosmo Academy. Sponsoring members may become natural persons and legal entities who wish to support the interests of the association without becoming ordinary members.
With the Cosmo Academy Newsletter you benefit from many advantages. Receive information about the Cosmo Academy and invitations to lectures and workshops here: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can unsubscribe from this service in every newsletter.
Please contact us directly if you would like to book a team training or a presentation at: